Trespassers Beware

What would you do if a male deer came crashing through your daughter's bedroom window and started jumping on the bed? Maybe you'd run and hide, or maybe you'd try to trap it and call animal control. If you're really brave perhaps you'd try to lasso it and take it for a spin around the block. Not if you're Wayne Goldsberry of Bentonville, Ark. No, he's much too hardcore for that. If you were him or he were you or whatever, you'd kill that devil with your bare hands. And that's exactly what he did when a 5-point buck tried to make itself at home in his master bedroom. After all, we can't have deer thinking they can just leap through any window they please and have the run of the house right? No, I'm not making this up, you can read all about it here if you haven't already. Now, normally I don't like to kill animals but a man has a right to defend his property and family whether it be from man or beast. What I don't understand is why he didn't just grab his gun? I mean, he lives in small-town Arkansas right? Even if he doesn't own one, there has to be a neighbor who does. But then again, I guess that would be too easy. I mean, would you rather run to your neighbor's door and say, "hey, can I borrow your gun? There's a deer tearing my house up." or, "Hey, you wanna come over for dinner tonight? We're having venison. Oh yeah, did I mention I killed it with my bare hands?"
<< Home