Some Good Reading
I haven't had much time to blog lately and it's frustrating. In the meantime, here are a few articles I would highly recommend from the reading I've done over the past few days. How To Resist The Propaganda, by Michael S. Rozeff, is a humorous piece full of good advice on how not to be deceived by the MSM. They Saw It Coming, by Roderick T. Long, is an excellent essay about how classical liberals foresaw the rise of the Fascist, welfare, warfare state long before it actually arrived. I found it fascinating and it contained two great quotes, 1 by William Graham Sumner about the U.S. war with Spain in the 18oo's and another by Frederic Bastiat about Rome. On Appeasing Envy by Henry Hazlitt is a great piece about the effects of the egalitarian efforts of the state, particularly on the state itself. He shares some interesting insights into the French Revolution, particularly as revealed by Alexis de Tocqueville. That's all for now, but I should be able to post some of what I've been working on by this weekend.
<< Home