October 03, 2005

Some Local Press

The Salt Lake Tribune published an article by Bob Mims this past week about blogging. Bob was highlighting some Utah-based blogs for the story, spotted mine and saw fit to shine some light in my direction. Needless to say it's exciting to get some official (mainstream) attention. Only problem is, he misprinted my site's address in the article. He added a little extra something on the end that doesn't belong there. That's okay Bob, I still got a decent amount of traffic from the story. The smart readers obviously figured it out.

I've included the link to the article below but I'm not sure how long it will be active. Just in case I've pasted the part that was about me below. Yeah, I know it's bragging, but after all, blogging is pure vanity anyways, right? The article was entitled "Bloggers Beware" and was mainly about the negative repurcussions that can occur as a result of blogging (like being fired for instance.)

http://www.sltrib.com/business/ci_3079237


Aaron Singleton's Leaving Babylon (http://foranewliberty.blogspot.com/aronsblog) calls itself a "commentary on current events and the folly of conventional wisdom." That includes a decidedly civil libertarian, anti-war theme, with occasional forays into philosophy and logic.

"The blog . . . serves as an outlet for me to vent, rant and otherwise express my opinions," says Singleton, who splits time between economics classes at BYU and managing a call center.

In conservative Utah, his views often generate posts in opposition. Some, he says, generated "quite a battle on a couple of comment threads. It was all in good fun, though."